Monday 27 January 2014

the end of a long day

Today has been a long day.
I felt particularly overwhelmed today with the feeling of isolation and un-worthyness. I don't like feeling like this, and even though life is busy and I have things to do, I feel overwhelmed with the limitations I have and often wonder what it is like to be someone else. I hope I am not the only one who thinks that sometimes. Yet when you feel you are doing the same old same old and want something a bit more exciting like a job or career, lots and lots of EXPECTATIONS override my logical thinking and I loose the will to enjoy the life I have sometimes. 
I have tried many techniques and things to overcome this. I have attempted CBT, mentoring, freedom in Christ and the Grace course. Sadly whilst they help at the time, tiredness and pain continue and I can only make a cup of tea and have a lie down.
At the beginning of this year, I made a promise to myself, to stop putting such big expectations on myself, and to take each day as it comes, to appreciate, this is the day the Lord has made - and to be grateful what I have.
It worked up until last week. Then slowly I went down hill, became tired and stiff again. I had various appointments, one in London and so the rushing about to London has slowly crept up on me today.
Still I managed to do most basic things, meet a friend and take my daughter swimming. That is what is most important....

No comments:

Post a Comment